Meet Byron Powdrellfor City Council, District 9, boundries are Eubank east and Menaul south
- Albuquerque Native
- Father of four wonderful children
- Resident of District 9 for over 40 years
- Family roots in Albuquerque business, "Powdrells BBQ"
- Family participation in government leadership,
- Founder & Director, nonprofit Community Radio Station 99.9 FM, "The Beat," covering community issues of Albuquerque and New Mexico.
- Proven history of Community Service
- Urban Enhancement Trust Fund Committee - City of Albuquerque 1997
- Head-Start Policy Council
- Eastgateway Coalition Member
- Former Co-Chair of the Albuquerque Community Policing Council, Foothills Area Command
- Completed the 56th Class Albuquerque Police Citizens' AcademyByron Powdrell's work and community service give him first-hand knowledge and the background to tackle District 9 and Albuquerque's problems of Crime and the issues involved with Policing Reform, lack of jobs as a result of poor business development, and our complex needs in education.If elected, Powdrell intends to work closely with constituents and business to revitalize District 9. His primary interests will be working with the Council and the City’s Administration (including the APD Police Chief and Commanders) to successfully implement solutions to Albuquerque’s public safety crises and to attract the right kinds of business and development to the district. And further, Powdrell believes that the City should do a better job of working with the County of Bernalillo to create more efficiencies in government operations and services to businesses.
“Unlike my predecessor in City Council District 9"
- I will be accessible to the residents.
- I will listen.
- I will return phone calls.
- I will be "Transparent"In short:
- My community service started long before I decided to run for City Council.
- I will do everything possible to know the issues in depth and to act in the best interests of the Residents (and Businesses) of District 9 and the entire City of Albuquerque.
- Let's be real our problems didn't happen overnight and they wont get fixed that way let's not have history repeat itself time for change!